Welcome again to Friday's Feast. Today I'll be talking about favorites. If you don't know what Friday's Feast is all about, please read the Friday's Feast page for a more detailed explanation. If you want to join in on the feast— be sure to leave a comment and include the URL to your post so I and others can know of your contribution.
Participants in this weeks Feast are as follows:
- m2I @ Ca-Joh
One of my favorite places to eat.
I am the kind of person who cannot be locked down to a given taste. Not that my tastes change frequently, but I tend to not want to go with whatever is popular at the moment. What I have noticed is that a lot of my favorites tend to be ahead of their time and that those things I like soon become popular.
My wife and I have recently been watching The Best Thing I Ever Ate on the Food Network channel. Every time we watch it we have to ask each other what is our favorite this or favorite that. So… these are a few of my favorite things:1
- Favorite Burger
- My favorite Burger was at Uncle Dan's in Woodstock Illinois. Unfortunately that restaurant no longer exists— so you'll have to trust my word.2
- Favorite Calamari
- My favorite Calamari was at The Daily Bar and Grill in Chicago. Unfortunately the owners have changed on this restaurant and they no longer serve this dish.2
- Favorite Hot Dog
- My favorite Hot Dog was at Hot Doug's in Chicago. Even though I had to wait over two hours, it was worth the wait.
- Favorite Ice Cream
- My favorite ice cream is Rocky Road served at Baskin Robbins. I have other favorite flavors as well, but have liked Rocky Road the longest.
- Favorite Pizza
- My favorite Pizza was at Uno's in Chicago. I will have to agree with Duff on this one.
- Favorite Steak
- I must admit that my favorite steak was at Mo's…A Place for Steaks in Milwaukee. I had their Fillet Minion and it was tender and suculant.
I am sure that there are other favorites I have as well— but figured I would let you share what favorites you have in order to whet my appetite a bit further.
1 My apologies for making you think of the song from Sound of Music.
2 I'll save talking about discontinued restaurants for another post.
Next weeks topic is Pie. Perhaps you have a memory of your first slice of pie, or you have a restaurant that you always order the pie at. Perhaps you have some secret way of cooking a pie so that it turns out just right. So… if you have anything that relates to this topic, be sure to leave a comment and include the URL so I can include you in next weeks feast. Even if you have already posted on this topic in the past— your links are always welcome.