Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas is On The Air

Now that Thanksgiving is over, we start hearing all sorts of Christmas music all day long. In fact we even have a radio station that now plays Holiday music 24x7. This in itself is nice— but I find that many of the songs the station plays are repeats of the same song, but by different artists. They have only been doing this for about a week, but I'm already sick of many of the songs. All the same, there are a few songs that I never grow tired of:

I'm sure there are others, I just thought I would show a few so you can contribute as well. How about you… what Christmas songs do you like? Are there any songs that you get tired of fast?

5 comments:

SweetPeaSurry said...

I actually don't listen to much music. However if I'm in the mood for a christmas album, I'll usually pop in Jewel's Joy: A Holiday Collection. She does a phenomenal Ave Maria!!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

You forgot "Santa Claus is coming to town" by Bruce Springsteen. That never gets old for me either. Truthfully, I sing Christmas songs year-round. Im weird like that, and I got it from my Dad.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I love love love love Christmas music. We have at least 2 24-hour-holiday-music stations going right now and I flip between the 2. I've actually cut way back on my NPR listening because of it! Over the 4 day weekend, we took 2 trips to look at Christmas lights and I loved having the radio cranked to those stations!! And there are few holiday songs I don't love. There are a couple I find just whiney- one about shoes that lots seem to love but I find just preachy and forced. But most others- especially the classic hymns- are favorites!

Barbaloot said...

I will always love Thistlehair by Alabama. Anything by Manheim Steamroller. And, as embarrassing as it is to admit, I quite like Mariah Carey's "Miss You Most at Christmastime."

Unknown said...

Some of my favorite songs come from the Home Alone movie. Weird but true. O Holy Night, Run Run Rudolph, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.
I could never figure out why they didn't put a soundtrack out for the movie. I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Web Analytics