Friday, August 28, 2009

F2: Favorites

Welcome again to Friday's Feast. Today I'll be talking about favorites. If you don't know what Friday's Feast is all about, please read the Friday's Feast page for a more detailed explanation. If you want to join in on the feast— be sure to leave a comment and include the URL to your post so I and others can know of your contribution.

Participants in this weeks Feast are as follows:


I am the kind of person who cannot be locked down to a given taste. Not that my tastes change frequently, but I tend to not want to go with whatever is popular at the moment. What I have noticed is that a lot of my favorites tend to be ahead of their time and that those things I like soon become popular.

My wife and I have recently been watching The Best Thing I Ever Ate on the Food Network channel. Every time we watch it we have to ask each other what is our favorite this or favorite that. So… these are a few of my favorite things:1

Favorite Burger
My favorite Burger was at Uncle Dan's in Woodstock Illinois. Unfortunately that restaurant no longer exists— so you'll have to trust my word.2
Favorite Calamari
My favorite Calamari was at The Daily Bar and Grill in Chicago. Unfortunately the owners have changed on this restaurant and they no longer serve this dish.2
Favorite Hot Dog
My favorite Hot Dog was at Hot Doug's in Chicago. Even though I had to wait over two hours, it was worth the wait.
Favorite Ice Cream
My favorite ice cream is Rocky Road served at Baskin Robbins. I have other favorite flavors as well, but have liked Rocky Road the longest.
Favorite Pizza
My favorite Pizza was at Uno's in Chicago. I will have to agree with Duff on this one.
Favorite Steak
I must admit that my favorite steak was at Mo's…A Place for Steaks in Milwaukee. I had their Fillet Minion and it was tender and suculant.

I am sure that there are other favorites I have as well— but figured I would let you share what favorites you have in order to whet my appetite a bit further.


1 My apologies for making you think of the song from Sound of Music.

2 I'll save talking about discontinued restaurants for another post.


Next weeks topic is Pie. Perhaps you have a memory of your first slice of pie, or you have a restaurant that you always order the pie at. Perhaps you have some secret way of cooking a pie so that it turns out just right. So… if you have anything that relates to this topic, be sure to leave a comment and include the URL so I can include you in next weeks feast. Even if you have already posted on this topic in the past— your links are always welcome.


5 comments:

Wendyburd1 said...

Ohhh now I need to play!

Burgers - Checkers (they don't have them up here, so I only get my Champ Burger while in Florida!)

Ewww Calamari!!

Favorite Hot Dog - Capitol Lunch, New Britain, CT. They are famous, their meat sauce is amazzzinngg!

Favorite Ice Cream - Guida's Cherry Vanilla, which I don't think they make anymore as I can find it nowhere.

Favorite Pizza - I know I am odd. Chef Boyardee's cheese pizza. Comes in a bix, you make the dough, add the sauce and the parm cheese. Besides that fresh Margherita pizza!!

Favorite Steak - Carmine Anthony's filet mignon. Only had it once, the place is that expensive, but it melted in my mouth! Mwa!

Eternal Lizdom said...

You know I have a soft spot for pie!!!

http://eternallizdom.blogspot.com/search/label/pie

And my fave ice cream is BR Rocky Road, too!! I've loved it since childhood... I have other ice creams and flavors that are come and go favorites. But I can always go back to BR RR and be super happy.

Barbaloot said...

Rocky Road is my favorite ice cream, too. Lately I've been a little too addicted to it... :)

As far as pie-I'm not a huge fan of it. But that's because I HATE to make it. I have an uncle that really loves my apple pie that I make, so I make it for him twice a year, and that's really all I'll do.

Mike said...

All of my favorite places were in New Jersey, except for pizza, that was in NYC!

Debbie said...

Oh, pie. I can't wait! I do love pie.

Web Analytics