Welcome again to Friday's Feast. Given that Mr. Linky is having issues (probably due to the popularity of the application) I will not be posting a Mr. Linky link— but instead will be inquiring of my readers what I should do with Friday's Feast moving forward. If you don't know what Friday's Feast is all about, please read the Friday's Feast page for a more detailed explanation. If in spite of the circumstances you still want to participate, be sure to include a link to your post in the comments so that I and others can join in the feast.
Even before Mr. Linky decided to have difficulties, I have been pondering if the whole concept of Friday's Feast is still a good idea. What I have decided is to leave it up to my readers so that they can let me know which direction to take. If you are visiting this post through the Web you will notice a survey at the top of the page. I have included this so that you can take the survey and let me know what you think of Friday's Feast. This post should better explain what your choices are so that you can choose accordingly.
Should I retire Friday's Feast?
- Yes— Cease and desist
- This means that you no longer want to have any more postings related to Friday's Feast. I will stop posting on this topic and only the archives will remain.
- Yes— But keep it around just in case
- This means that I will no longer post, but reserve the right to bring it up again if demand for it returns.
- No— Let it age like a good wine
- This means that you want things as they are. You like the concept and figure that it just needs to mature. Hopefully word will spread like a good jam and more people can participate and share their posts like many of the other participation posts I have encountered.
- No— But no Mr. Linky
- I originally thought that encouraging people to participate was a good idea, but perhaps people are intimidated by having to come up with something. Also… now that Mr. Linky is having technical difficulties, I may opt to use a different method to have people share in the feast.
I am considering leaving the survey up for two weeks— but may leave it up longer to allow others to voice their opinions. I noticed that many people seem to not be as active in blogging activities due to warmer weather and are probably participating in outdoor activities instead. Please spread the word around so that others can take the survey even if they are not active subscribers. Once I get my results I will post again and let you know the future of Friday's Feast.