I cannot believe that I have been posting to this blog for a whole year. If any of you have read my previous posts about the birth of my blog you can see how this all came about.
Many choose to highlight their greatest posts from the past year to show what you may have missed if you started reading as of late. Since I am not sure what constitutes a great post, I thought I would list those that I am proud of (but did not get many comments) as well as those that got a lot of comments on.
Posts I'm proud of:
- Name, Occupation, Health, Feelings
- This is probably my oldest personal philosophy concept as I remember writing about this when I was a freshman in high school. I am considering re-posting it and making it into a multiple post where I outline my thoughts in the first post, then get into greater detail in separate posts.
- Attraction Factors
- This is one of my personal philosophy posts which talk about those things which attract us to others.
- Traditional Letter Writing
- I talk about how I have many traditions when it comes to letter writing some of which I still follow to this day.
- The Tangibles
- This is part one of a two part post which deals with the concept of tangibility. I suggest reading both this one and the following one to be able to compare the two properly.
- The Intangibles
- This is part two of a two part post which deals with the concept of tangibility. I originally wanted to just talk about this— but realized that I was doing a lot of comparing so I had to break it up into two separate parts.
- Three Legged Stool
- This post uses the analogy of a stool when it comes to relationships.
- From the mind, heart, and soul
- Here I try to clarify some of the terms I tend to use when it comes to my opinions on things.
- Sphere of Influence
- This post can stand on its own— but is also related to the next two listings below. It is an interesting concept which is referenced a lot in other posts.
- Tyranny of Numbers
- This post is related to the Sphere of Influence post but expands upon the concept to include the Internet and being able to find what you are looking for through searching.
- Anonymity through Commonality
- This post takes the post on Sphere of Influence and the post on Tyranny of Numbers and expands upon it to show how difficult it is to find "Me".
Posts that currently have 20 or more comments:
- Warm Milk
- This was my first post that reached 20 comments. It is also one of my first participatory posts where I am participating in Tuesday's Tribute.
- Wordful Wednesday - Spikester Diddly Dog
- This one got a lot of comments because… who doesn't like dogs.
- Writer's Workshop: C is for Cookie
- This is a good story about how my sister taught me a lesson for demanding a cookie. Be sure to read the comments, she tells the real story and not the one a 4 year old remembers.
- 100th Post
- Most people like to wish you well on your 100th post. Hopefully it will give you some topics to ask me to write about.
- TT: Spin on the Bed
- This is currently the record holder with the number of comments made. I probably tribute it to being both a Tuesday's Tribute and a Spin Cycle participatory post.
- What's in a nickname: Naming conventions
- I think a lot of people have nicknames and like to share theirs.
And the one that I get the most search hits on…
- ASCII Love
- I don't know why… but I seem to get hits from all over the globe for this one. So much so that I wrote a special post about it: Looking for Love in all the wrong places.
Please feel free to visit these pages if you have not done so already to give you a smattering of what I've been writing about this past year.