Sunday, May 24, 2009

Blogiversary

I cannot believe that I have been posting to this blog for a whole year. If any of you have read my previous posts about the birth of my blog you can see how this all came about.

Many choose to highlight their greatest posts from the past year to show what you may have missed if you started reading as of late. Since I am not sure what constitutes a great post, I thought I would list those that I am proud of (but did not get many comments) as well as those that got a lot of comments on.


Posts I'm proud of:

Name, Occupation, Health, Feelings
This is probably my oldest personal philosophy concept as I remember writing about this when I was a freshman in high school. I am considering re-posting it and making it into a multiple post where I outline my thoughts in the first post, then get into greater detail in separate posts.
Attraction Factors
This is one of my personal philosophy posts which talk about those things which attract us to others.
Traditional Letter Writing
I talk about how I have many traditions when it comes to letter writing some of which I still follow to this day.
The Tangibles
This is part one of a two part post which deals with the concept of tangibility. I suggest reading both this one and the following one to be able to compare the two properly.
The Intangibles
This is part two of a two part post which deals with the concept of tangibility. I originally wanted to just talk about this— but realized that I was doing a lot of comparing so I had to break it up into two separate parts.
Three Legged Stool
This post uses the analogy of a stool when it comes to relationships.
From the mind, heart, and soul
Here I try to clarify some of the terms I tend to use when it comes to my opinions on things.
Sphere of Influence
This post can stand on its own— but is also related to the next two listings below. It is an interesting concept which is referenced a lot in other posts.
Tyranny of Numbers
This post is related to the Sphere of Influence post but expands upon the concept to include the Internet and being able to find what you are looking for through searching.
Anonymity through Commonality
This post takes the post on Sphere of Influence and the post on Tyranny of Numbers and expands upon it to show how difficult it is to find "Me".

Posts that currently have 20 or more comments:

Warm Milk
This was my first post that reached 20 comments. It is also one of my first participatory posts where I am participating in Tuesday's Tribute.
Wordful Wednesday - Spikester Diddly Dog
This one got a lot of comments because… who doesn't like dogs.
Writer's Workshop: C is for Cookie
This is a good story about how my sister taught me a lesson for demanding a cookie. Be sure to read the comments, she tells the real story and not the one a 4 year old remembers.
100th Post
Most people like to wish you well on your 100th post. Hopefully it will give you some topics to ask me to write about.
TT: Spin on the Bed
This is currently the record holder with the number of comments made. I probably tribute it to being both a Tuesday's Tribute and a Spin Cycle participatory post.
What's in a nickname: Naming conventions
I think a lot of people have nicknames and like to share theirs.

And the one that I get the most search hits on…

ASCII Love
I don't know why… but I seem to get hits from all over the globe for this one. So much so that I wrote a special post about it: Looking for Love in all the wrong places.

Please feel free to visit these pages if you have not done so already to give you a smattering of what I've been writing about this past year.

6 comments:

Wendyburd1 said...

I still like that poem a lot! LOL! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Deb said...

happy blogiversary. you've made the blogworld a better place, for sure!

Unknown said...

Happy Blogoversary!!!

Erin said...

Happy blogiversary to you! I look forward to reading over some of the older posts I haven't read before.

Claremont First Ward said...

I absolutely love the make-up of this post. I can't wait to read one's I haven't already!

Missty said...

Happy Blogiversary!! And We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Yosemite!!! We try and go once a year or so! Yep, I guess we were passing each other in the air. And way funny, the spa I reserved in Chicago, was the one you mentioned on my blog. Didn't see it, till I got back. Loved it. And will be blogging about our entire Chicago trip in the next day or so. Love that city!!

Web Analytics