Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Intangibles

Unlike the tangibles, the intangibles are something that are not perceived by the senses. Things like thoughts and feelings typically fall under this category because we can describe them, but they have no real reference that someone else can objectively observe.

I tend to think abstractly, so many of my ideas are intangible and very difficult to describe to others. This is a challenge, especially since the majority of the things we describe use tangible terms.

I try to bridge the gap by describing the intangibles using examples based on my experiences so that others can draw their own conclusions through the commonality of the experience itself. I do not insist that people fully understand the concepts and ideas that I present, but rather to ponder them and relate to them using their own understanding.

No comments:

Web Analytics