With inspirations from Sis and m2I
My sister had a recipe for Kickass chili— but I never got it from her. I instead modified a standard chili recipe to make it hot. I am currently going to make this recipe for our Chili Fest this year but will be using a larger quantity to try and feed around twenty plus. The recipe below should cover about 4-6 servings. Enjoy.
- Kick-Butt Chili:
- 1 lb of Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 Large Can Crushed Tomato (28oz)
- 1 16oz Can of Kidney Beans
- 1/2 Jar of Hot Salsa
- On Medium Heat, crumble the Italian sausage and cook in a large pot.
- Chop the onion and peppers and add to the pot.
you may want to use latex gloves while handling the peppers.
- Once the onions are transparent, add the can of Crushed Tomato.
- Add the Can of Kidney Beans.
- Add about half the jar of Salsa.
- Simmer on Low, stirring occasionally.