Saturday, January 31, 2009

Kick-Butt Chili

With inspirations from Sis and m2I

My sister had a recipe for Kickass chili— but I never got it from her. I instead modified a standard chili recipe to make it hot. I am currently going to make this recipe for our Chili Fest this year but will be using a larger quantity to try and feed around twenty plus. The recipe below should cover about 4-6 servings. Enjoy.

Kick-Butt Chili:
1 lb of Hot Italian Sausage
1 Yellow Onion
2 Jalapeno Peppers
1 Large Can Crushed Tomato (28oz)
1 16oz Can of Kidney Beans
1/2 Jar of Hot Salsa
  1. On Medium Heat, crumble the Italian sausage and cook in a large pot.
  2. Chop the onion and peppers and add to the pot.
    you may want to use latex gloves while handling the peppers.
  3. Once the onions are transparent, add the can of Crushed Tomato.
  4. Add the Can of Kidney Beans.
  5. Add about half the jar of Salsa.
  6. Simmer on Low, stirring occasionally.
  7. Enjoy.

9 comments:

Mama Wheaton said...

There are 7 of us in my family and only one who would eat ALL of your chili. (not me - I'm a little wimpy when it comes to hot stuff)

Erin said...

My dad would LOVE this.

I am also a wimp when it comes to anything hot (like Mama Wheaton).

Anonymous said...

It sounds so good! I love the spicy factor!

B said...

My mom had the greatest recipe for chili ever when I was a kid, and somehow lost it, so now I can only dream of it's yum factor. Sad tale, but 100% true. Good thing I'm a trooper.

The Wife O Riley said...

Good Luck at the ChiliFest! I'm not a big fan of spicy, but it looks delicious.

Debbie said...

I have chili in the crockpot right now! Yum.

Deb said...

this sounds awesome... but SPICY!! i'll be having chili tonight and i bet it won't be near as flavorful as yours.

oh and i finally made the warm milk. i only had powdered nutmeg, but mr. beans LOVED it, mr. g thought is was ok but should have been made with whole milk and i thought it tasted like a virgin hot buttered rum, sort of (yum!). my husband didn't try it because he only drinks coffee and diet pepsi.

ToonEy said...

Hey there...guess who it is? LOL yeah I finally got around to reading your posts. It's Chansiri by the way...in case you're wondering who this nut-case is. Additionally have you ever tasted your step daughter-in-law's chili recipe? Any way when is the Chili festival and where? And are people invited?

angi_b72 said...

i am going to try this this weekend!! I will let you know how it goes!

Web Analytics