Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Path

Today I have Angie @ Seven Clown Circus— who will lead us down her chosen path:


I've always been fascinated with paths. Paths that are taken, paths that are not; reasons for choosing one path and not the other. Pondering both diverging and intersecting paths is something I spend probably too much time thinking about, but think about them, I do.

This is one of my favorite photos because it clearly illustrates the path that I've chosen to take in my life. I never thought that I'd have 5 children. I always expected a much more {Angie} centered existence. I never came close to comprehending how much joy my family would bring me. When I embarked on the path that included marriage to a wonderful man and the ensuing birth of my children, I hadn't a clue as to the way that path would change and mold me.

Sometimes I think of the ways my life would be different if I had continued on in school to get the PhD I desired. I think of the ways that path would be different from the one I'm on now, and I shake my head.

I really believe that I could have had that PhD, yet I chose something different, and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

I may not be an expert on one particular subject with a piece of paper certifying my knowledge, but I am an expert on things that can't be measured or documented with a test.

Walking {and sometimes stumbling} on the path I've chosen is the best choice I could have made.

Thank goodness I made it.


Angie Lee
Seven Clown Circus

Post a Comment
Web Analytics