As 2009 comes to a close I have seen other bloggers give a summary of their posts that they have had throughout the year. As I started this blog in 2008, I can safely do this and have a complete year to pull from.
Posts that I am proud of writing:
- Inspiration and Motivation
- This is my explanation of the difference between inspiration and motivation written at the time of the President's inauguration.
- Coping Mechanism
- This post helps to explain how we cope with stress in life.
- Smart vs. Intelligent
- I seem to get a lot of hits on this one. This is how I define the difference between being smart and being intelligent.
- Pretty vs. Beautiful
- This is how I define the difference between being pretty and being beautiful.
- Do you have that new myPhone yet…
- A tongue and cheek look at how our reliance on phone features could go too far.
- The Long Rain
- A review I wrote in high school about a science fiction short story.
- Trolling for South Pole Traffic
- My look at Web statistics services and how they leave out an entire continent.
- Couples and Train Couplings
- An analogy between people who are couples and train couplings.
- Trapped in Time: Act 1
- This is part one of a two part story that I originally wrote in high school. It is a cliff-hanger in that you need to read the next post to get the end.
- Friendship Types
- This is the first part of a four part series on different types of friends that a person can have. I strongly encourage you to read the rest of the series as it took me almost a year to complete.
Posts that currently have 20 or more comments:
- Warm Milk
- This was my first post that reached 20 comments. It is also one of my first participatory posts where I am participating in Tuesday's Tribute.
- Wordful Wednesday - Spikester Diddly Dog
- This one got a lot of comments because… who doesn't like dogs.
- Communication Styles
- This is an introduction to a series post that I have about communication styles. I encourage you to read the next four posts as well since they cover each in more detail.
- Writer's Workshop: C is for Cookie
- This is a good story about how my sister taught me a lesson for demanding a cookie. Be sure to read the comments, she tells the real story and not the one a 4 year old remembers.
- 100th Post
- Most people like to wish you well on your 100th post. Hopefully it will give you some topics to ask me to write about.
- TT: Spin on the Bed
- This is currently the record holder with the number of comments made. I probably tribute it to being both a Tuesday's Tribute and a Spin Cycle participatory post.
- What's in a nickname: Naming conventions
- I think a lot of people have nicknames and like to share theirs.
And the one that I get the most search hits on…
- ASCII Love
- I don't know why… but I seem to get hits from all over the globe for this one. So much so that I wrote a special post about it: Looking for Love in all the wrong places.
Please feel free to visit these pages if you have not done so already to give you a smattering of what I've been writing about this past year.