Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tribute Tuesday: Followers-of-the-Blog-05

When the original Tuesday's Tribute (now Tribute Tuesday) was created— I had an idea to do a spotlight on my followers. I thought… "what a great way of promoting their blogs and give them credit for bearing with my narrative/technical-writer style of writing". I decided to write to those followers that I could and ask two questions so that their words could be a part of the post:

  1. What reason do you have for following my blog?
    I know this may seem selfish, but I am curious what motivated you to sign up.
  2. Why do you think that others follow your own blog?
    I know why I do and will let you know in my post along with my impressions on what your blog is to me.

I realized that posting on all of my followers would be a very long post— so I broke it up into smaller manageable pieces.

Note: I started sending out the questionnaire again after I reached 60 followers. Since Blogger changed the way that followers are displayed, I have no way of knowing in what order my next 30 followers joined up. So I decided to list them in the order I received responses. Here is what the next 10 followers have to say:

angie @ SevEn cLoWn CirCuS
I found angie as the host of Wordless Wednesday and she also hosted Tuesday's Tribute until she handed it over to Mayhem & Moxie and it became the Tribute Tuesday that it is today. I love the playfulness that her blog title has using mixed upper and lower case, and that playfulness reflects in many of her posts. Here is what angie has to say:
  1. What a fabulous, idea. I can't believe I hadn't signed up as a follower sooner…I thought I had. You've been on my reader for ages, so I guess that counts, right?
    I don't know how I found your blog? BUT, in the beginning I remember thinking that I appreciated that your posts were humble and thought provoking…and it's always fun to find new "man bloggers".
  2. Why do people follow my blog? No idea? Fascination with large families? My wit? Seriously though…I've been told that it's because I seem kind. And if that's why, I'll take it. I Do try always to be kind and optimistic.
Midlife Mama @ Midlife Musings
I think we all— no matter what our age may be have some sort of Midlife crisis. I enjoy the musings of Midlife Mamma and the humorous stories that she tells of her life. Here is what Midlife Mamma has to say:
  1. I honestly can't remember how I found your blog, but it was either a link from someone else's blog, or perhaps you commented on my blog and so of course I had to check you out. The reason I follow you is because
    1. I always try to follow my favorite blogs, and Google reader is a good way to do this but
    2. I follow (i.e. read) your blog because it's interesting…the Friday Feast is great; gotta love a man who knows how and loves to cook. Plus your stories are interesting; I just love hearing about other people's lives.
    3. And last but not least, I l admire and envy the fact that you've been married so long. Not only were you wise in making a good choice when you got married but you've been able to stick it out through good times and bad. My track record isn't so great so I am always greatly curious about how other people do it. My first instinct is to run when things get tough. You're honest, you're down-to-earth and I really enjoy your blog.
  2. Why do others follow me? Because they're into torture and pain? Because they hate themselves and enjoy the feeling of wanting to rip their eyeballs out of their sockets by reading my drivel??? *chuckles* Okay there's my insecure side coming out. I actually envy people who have a lot of followers, as I only have 38, but each one I get I do a silent happy dance inside. "You like me; you really like me!" LOL I hope that people follow me because they enjoy what I write, that I'm honest and real, and sometimes speak my mind before my brain catches up but hopefully I don't offend too many people. I did lose one follower early on because I offended her with something I'd posted. I remember that clearly, because it does bother me and I care too much what people think sometimes. I hope I am funny, and entertaining and not TOO offensive! :)
subtorp77 @ basstuna
I discovered subtorp77 through Otin's Rhyming Wednesday. He has an interesting feature called "Theme Thursday" to which he picks a theme and runs with it— a great way of opening up a discussion. Here is what subtorp77 has to say:
  1. Found you through otin's Rhyming Wednesday meme and liked your style of writing, as soon as I read it. 'Twas a bit different but most refreshing. I seem to be stuck in the "rhyming" mode and could only pray to write like this.
  2. As for why others may follow my bloggo, not sure. It could be the poetry or sharing of alike ideas and events, that one can relate to. Still wondering…
Liza @ They Will Not Have Me
I discovered Liza through Otin's Rhyming Wednesday feature. The blog title has a poetic quality that brings you in. I really love the fact that she posts her poetry which cover a wide variety of topics. Here is what Liza has to say:
  1. I started following your blog based solely on one post, Rhyming Wednesday: Fear
    1. Your drawing reminded me of Edvard Munch's "The Scream" which I seemed to be having synchronizes with.
    2. Your words made me laugh (and I love laughing) "I was doodling topographical lines in the shape of an island (yes, I'm geeky like that)" And by the way, I am geeky like that too! I just loved the honesty in that sentence.
    3. Following that delight, there's also Friday's Feast - FRIDAY, FOOD, FUN (need I say more?) I haven't taken an active part as of yet, but I do watch from the sidelines!
  2. Because something in me spoke to something in them.

    I crave that connection, the tie that binds us all. There really is a common thread underneath all of the skin and bones.

    With that intention in mind, I can let go, and let the Universe do its gathering.

    My blog is a challenge for me to be creative, and let go of that inner critic that has been prevalent for far too long.

    For me, following blogs is a tribute to creativity in all of its amazingly beautiful, and magical forms.

Kiki @ Kirsten NOT Kristen
I rather like the title of Kiki's blog. It reminds me of all those people to whom I mispronounce their names. Kiki is a very a good story teller and has a very easy to read blog. Here is what Kiki has to say:
  1. I am following you because I follow Stacy's Random Thoughts whom I think is a wonderful blogger and she recommended you. I read your blog and liked what I saw.
  2. I am real, honest, funny and hopefully blog about things people can relate to.
rochellesychua @ HeaRty's Haven
Reading through rochellesychua's blog it is apparent that she is a "gear-head"— and I mean that in a good way. She has a lot of reviews on various electronics and other gear that is very informative. She also has a smattering of Taiwan culture mixed in for good measure. Here is what rochellesychua has to say:
  1. One huge reason why I decides to follow your blog because you value your readers. This is really important because this resulted to us feeling at home whenever we're on your page. You share your thoughts and philosophies in life w/c inspires us :) keep writing!!
  2. As for my blog, HeaRty's Haven (http://www.rochellesychua.com) - this covers mostly gadgets, food, travel, gaming & fashion topics. Those of which I'm passionate about :) I share my deepest thoughts and just like your blog I hope to inspire others :)
Mrs. Fish aka Two Fish @ One Fish, Two Fish, Three, Four, Five Fish
I like the name of this blog, it reminds me of a Dr. Seuss book. But Mrs. Fish's blog is not a children's book. It covers serious topics, as well as stories about the fish family adventures. Here is what Mrs. Fish has to say:
  1. Your blog sounds like what my husband would sound like if he blogged. Highly entertaining to me.
  2. I think they like to know that someone is more nuts than they are and I am not afraid to speak out about anything! I love to talk about sensitive and controversial issues of home life and the everyday mundane, so I think people enjoy knowing they have someone else to relate with on these issues.
Patricia @ Subjective Soup
I love the name of this blog. I used to get the terms Objective and Subjective confused— but now that I know the difference, this blog's title alone gives it a profound meaning to me. Here is what Patricia has to say:
  1. I follow many blogs. If someone visits my blog, I usually return the visit and if I enjoy their blog I usually sign on as a follower.
  2. I hope my followers have similar reasons for following my blog.
Moonspun @ Moonspun Spins
Moonspun to me is the kind of fairy-tale stuff that is in children's stories— so the blog title Moonspun Spins is that much more inviting to me. Here is what Moonspun has to say:
  1. I found your blog a long time ago through the He Says She Says tryouts (whenever they were) and I liked your perspective enough to vote for you in that contest and to start reading your blog. I still follow Ca-Joh because you are insightful, but not dramatic. You share a variety of things as well as the predictable Friday's Feast. You clearly give thought to your posts and are respectful to readers. Plus you are a good writer and that makes a difference for me.
  2. Why people read my little corner of the Internet world is a bit of a mystery to me. I've been told I am insightful and a good writer, but I don't know that I am a good judge of that myself. I certainly have a one-of-a-kind personal story, so maybe they check in to see what may happen next to me. Or what odd thing about my past I may reveal.
3 Men and a Lady @ 3 Men and a Lady
The title of this blog reminds me of the movie 3 Men and a Baby, but the author of this blog is no baby. Being the only lady in a family of men makes for interesting stories. Here is what 3 Men and a Lady has to say:
  1. I chose to follow you for a couple of reasons:
    1. you have interesting posts,
    2. you took the time to comment on my blog,
    3. it's a great way to network, and
    4. following puts people I want to read in my reader and it's easy for me to keep up.
  2. I think people follow me for roughly the same reasons. Some people follow everybody, but I don't and I hope people follow me because they find my posts interesting or funny, but whatev.

1581884212_57276dd550_o

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for profiling us! What a cool idea :-)

Claremont First Ward said...

I love what you are doing here. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of it!

Bookworm said...

Hey Thanks Christopher. :) I enjoy your blog so much. Thanks for the shout out and allowing me to be part of the Tribute Tuesday! :)It is also fun to get to know other blogs, too.

Cat said...

What a great post! I remember getting this email about this, and totally forgetting about doing it! I'm sorry! I had every intention and then spaced it. I guess I could blame it on my hair color, but then again, I don't think you would believe me!

I sure enjoyed what others had to say, and said it so much better than I could!

PS -- Love the pumpkins!

Unknown said...

How funny - no one's ever asked me WHY I'm following their blog before - let alone sent me a questionnaire! Does this help weed out the stalkers? OK, here goes:
1.) I found your blog after you comments on a blog post of mine and said we graduated from high school the same year, so I was interested in seeing what another "older than average" blogger was doing. I decided to follow when I saw what an eclectic mix of topics you blog about. Your blog isn't focused on just one aspect of your personality, you hit it all! And of course your blog is well-written, I just can't bear to follow a poorly written blog - they're painful.
2.) Why do people follow my blog? I truly have no idea. I never wondered about it until now. Maybe I need a questionnaire!

Web Analytics