Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Summer Fades

This poem I must have written sometime after school started up again. It incorporates my "six-line" style formula in which the initial pairings rhyme and the second to last line rhymes with a word in the last line and the last word of the last line line rhymes with the first two. It also ties each of the pairs together logically which is a feature I like about these types of poems. I find that it shows the hopefulness and disappointments that sometimes accompany changes in the season.


As I slowly sit and watch the summer fade away
the winter winds creep in and cloud up the day.

Years gone by in times of dread and pain
the waiting for it all finds me no gain.

What new ground have I reached all torn and pail
my plans I decide all seem to fail.

The failure seems endless but at least there's hope
for one strong soul that knows how to cope.

To put up with my misery and comfort my needs
and only plant those seeds that reveal the play.

cj85'

5 comments:

Wendyburd1 said...

Ooh I LIKE it!

KatBouska said...

Very nice! Aren't poems fun to play with...some of mine have absolutely no rhyme or reason, but I still love them. :)

KarieK said...

Beautiful! Almost like winter is anew much like spring...at least thats what I took from it. Dig it!!

Captain Dumbass said...

Nice work, Cajoh.

Melissa aka Equidae said...

love your poem!

Web Analytics