Welcome to Friday's Feast. Today I will be presenting you with one of my many inspired recipes. If you don't know what Friday's Feast is all about, please read the Friday's Feast page for a more detailed explanation. If you want to join in on the feast, be sure to leave a comment and include the URL to your post so I and others can know of your contribution.
With inspirations from the 3 R's
I had a can of artichoke hearts that I wanted to make into a dip— but never got round to making. I didn't have any burger meat thawed so I chose to use artichoke instead of meat in the sauce. Knowing the world— I probably have the ounces wrong on the cans and jars… but you get the picture (or at least the sauce). This should cover about 4 servings. Enjoy.
- Artichoke Spaghetti Sauce:
- 2T Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Large Can Crushed Tomato (28oz)
- 1 16oz Can or jar of Artichoke hearts
- On Medium Heat, cover the bottom of a medium sauce pan with Olive Oil
- Chop the onion and Garlic and add to pan.
- Once the onions are transparent, add the can of Crushed Tomato.
- Add the entire can or jar of Artichoke
do not drain.
- Break down the Artichoke pieces in the pan.
You can use a potato masher if you choose.
- Simmer on Low and add Oregano and Salt to taste.
- Enjoy with your favorite pasta.