Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Through…

Through this door
you enter a Paradise

Which only a logical mind
like its creator
can figure out

cj80'


I used to have that poem posted above my door at home when I was growing up. It also inspired me to write some other "Through" type poems as well:


Through this man you find:
a mind as wide and varied as the universe:
a heart that is as kind and generous as itself

And through this man
you discover love

cj82'


Through a friend you find:
a warm compatible companion through any stage
a lasting relationship that grows with age

And through this friendship
you discover love

cj84'


Through this door you discover:
a paridise
where love shall reign
and fear shall be restrained

cj85'

10 comments:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

That is really beautiful. And I think it's so tamn awesome that you're married to a woman 16 years older than you.

I want to see a pic of you and your wife! COME ON! OUT WITH IT!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Cooooool. I'm first.

Sarah Lulu said...

Beautiful so beautiful ...

but the logic one was no good for me ..I've never been motivated or worked through logic ....

I think God mighta left out of the logic in the recipe for me.

Joanie said...

That was great! Thanks for sharing!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Great job Ca-Joh....keep them coming.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Love those! Great job.

Chloe said...

Thanks for your comment!!
Check out your answer!! ;)

Chloe
http://chloe86.wordpress.com

Deb said...

you know how much i love your poetry. i was thinking that these are all so great on their own, but you could compile them into one longer poem and they would all work together really well.

Heather of the EO said...

I love the idea of continuing from the same theme Through. Lovely!

And I like what Deb said about compiling them. Wouldn't that be something. Pieces from different years turning themselves into one?

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

So beautiful! You are a great poet!

Web Analytics