Welcome again to Friday's Feast. Today I'll be sharing one of my recipes.
With inspirations from Mrs. Mackinac…
My wife makes this one a lot. We even have a friend of the family who is Assyrian who is familiar with this recipe… so it must be authentic. Serves 4-6.
- Syrian Beans:
- 2 C Macaroni
- 3 C Water
- ½ lb of Ground Beef
- ½ Medium Yellow Onion
- 1 14.5 oz can of Whole Pealed Tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can of Green Beans
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese
- Into a medium sauce pan add the macaroni and water.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to low.
- While the macaroni is cooking… add the ground beef to a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Peel and chop the onions into small sized pieces and add to the meat.
- Add the onions to the frying pan and continue to cook until transparent.
- In a separate bowl, crush the tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan.
- Drain then add the green beans.
- Stir all the ingredients together for five minutes to guarantee they are well cooked.
- Remove pan from the heat
you can serve into a serving dish if you do not want to serve out of the pan.
- Drain the macaroni and place into a separate bowl
you can add butter or olive oil to keep them from sticking together if you like.
- Shred the cheddar cheese into a separate bowl.
- Serve by combining the macaroni with the contents of the pan and cover with cheddar cheese.
1 If you don't know what Friday's Feast is all about, please read the Friday's Feast page for a more detailed explanation. If you want to join in on the feast— be sure to leave a comment and include the URL to your post so I and others can know of your contribution. Also, if you want to see a particular topic— feel free to suggest it as well (I'm always looking for new inspirations).