Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Love it is a wonderful thing

This is one of my six line poems in honor of Valentine's day. I rather like the imagery that it portrays— especially since I consider Love as something intangible.


Love it is a wonderful thing
it makes some cry and others sing.

It takes some in and lets some go
and is always there and helps you grow.

So don't let your love play the opossum
and let it blossom like the early spring.

86'

Do you have any poetry on Love you would like to share?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the strange timing of the -ossum alliteration. It just flows . . .

Michele said...

Very nice. I am poetically challenaged but I am in awe of people who can create it.

Cole said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wish I was poetically gifted but unfortunately I am not. I do love that you were able to use "opossum" in your poetry...it makes my southern girl heart flutter! Lovely poem!

Amy W said...

It makes some of us cry AND sing. Sometimes at the same time. :)

Unknown said...

I like the poem a lot! So true that no matter what love brings, it always brings growth!

Thanks for stopping by...I do have lots of love poems, they're somewhere on my blog anyway, LOL!

VandyJ said...

My poetry skills are limited to the roses are red variety. Nice peom though.

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

Clever and dead-on. Me likey.

(Dead-on. Opossum. Bwahahahaha. Sorry.)

steenky bee said...

I'm copying mine from a twitter(er) I follow and forgive me, but I don't have her name, but I'm giving her credit, nonetheless:

Roses are red
So is my blood
Why haven't you returned my calls
I MADE YOU SOMETHING

(In full disclosure, this is not my favorite love poem, but when it popped up on Valentine's Day, I laughed and laughed and then prayed she was joking.)

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oh, every day is an ongoing poem for love! And yours is lovely too!

Web Analytics