Friday, January 22, 2010

F2: Elway Soup

Welcome again to Friday's Feast. Today I'll be sharing a great recipe just in time for the Superbowl.

If you don't know what Friday's Feast is all about, please read the Friday's Feast page for a more detailed explanation. If you want to join in on the feast— be sure to leave a comment and include the URL to your post so I and others can know of your contribution. Also, if you want to see a particular topic— feel free to suggest it as well (I'm always looking for new inspirations).


With inspirations from SIK

Several years back my step-son had a subscription to Sports Illustrated for Kids. In one of the issues, there was a recipe by the quarterback John Elway in it. We tried it as a dish for the Superbowl that year and have been making it ever since. Authors Note: I do not have the magazine that the original recipe was taken from and as most cooks do I have probably changed it to suit.

Elway Soup
1 Pound Ground Beef
2 C Celery
2 C Carrots
3-4 Medium Idaho Potatoes
1 14oz can Cut Green Beans
2 14oz cans of Beef Broth
1 20oz can of Rotel Tomatoes and Chili
  1. Brown ground beef in a soup pot and drain.
  2. While beef is cooking, cut the celery, carrots and potatoes.
  3. Add the celery, carrots and potatoes to the pot.
  4. Add the green beans, beef broth and chili to the pot.
  5. Simmer on low until the vegetables are tender.
  6. Enjoy.

This whole month's theme is warm. Warm meals, warm thoughts, anything warm to help you beat the chill of January. So… if you have anything that relates to this topic, be sure to leave a comment and include the URL so I can include you in next weeks feast.


4 comments:

steenky bee said...

Despite the fact that I'm no Denver Bronco fan, this soup does sound easy and delicious. Oh, and my husband just gasped out loud from over my shoulder when he saw the title of the previous post about chili. He's a huge chili guy and loves a new recipe. Thank you for the kind words earlier this week. Ugh. It's hard getting back in the saddle.

Deb said...

i adore rotel. my favorite thing to do with it is throw it into a pan with a can of black beans and then cook some rice. it is so easy and tastes really good.

Captain Dumbass said...

Warm is a good topic. I bought myself a bunch of cereal a couple of weeks ago so I could stop fattening up on bagels and cream cheese for breakfast, but cereal and cold milk first thing in the morning are just too... cold.

Beverly@Beverly's Back Porch said...

Sounds great. I'll give it a try this week end. Always love a good soup recipe. Sorry I'm just now finding you.

Web Analytics