Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Blogiversary Two Me

No… it is not a type-o. I purposely used "Two" in my title to indicate that this is my second Blogiversary.

For wedding anniversaries, you typically exchange gifts with your spouse like Paper, Gold, Diamonds and the like. On those anniversaries that are not milestones such as the first, the 10th, 25th, etc. there does not seem to be any standard gift to give. The same confusion as to what to do to celebrate my second Blogiversary is very similar to this.

I wish I had something grand that I could share with you my readers, but I'm at a loss. Looking around at others who have celebrated this occasion I don't seem to find any consistent way of celebrating that would clue me in. The first Blogiversary is usually a momentous occasion, but the second seems more like a non-event. But much like the spouse on their wedding anniversary— I feel that I must do something or feel guilty by forgetting the occasion.

So, I'll leave it up to you. What do you suggest?

12 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

Happy Blogiversary two you! ;) Isn't it amazing how fast time has flown? I'm going to be of no help in the suggestion department...I'll be curious to see what suggestions are submitted, though! ;)

Claudya Martinez said...

Happy Blogiversary to you! I think the second should be even more momentous than the first. In my year of blogging I've seen so many bloggers stop.

I think you should give yourself and your blog a slice of cake.

Perhaps you could share your development as a blogger. Do you feel wiser? Is it easier? Are you still blogging for the same reason you started blogging? What keeps you doing it? Can you imagine ever giving it up? Do you have any goals as a blogger? What is your favorite part about blogging? What attracts you to other bloggers?

Barbaloot said...

Happy Blogiversary! I have no idea what you could do to celebrate---other than be proud that you've been together this long:)

Claremont First Ward said...

Congrats. Two years have just flown by, haven't they?

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary.

Blog awards are the standard gift and I've given you not one, or two, but three!

Yes, you can thank me.

I'll be here all week.

*grin*

amy said...

Congratulations! I think you should award yourself with an ipad and share with the rest of us how cool it really is. If not an ipad, at least a big bowl of ice cream :)

Joanie said...

Happy Blogiversary two you!! Time flies when you're having fun!

Gucci Mama said...

Well, you can buy me diamonds to celebrate. I'm always willing to give diamonds a good home.

Sprite's Keeper said...

First of all, Happy Blogiversary! It IS a big deal since most don't realize just how much upkeep these blogs need. They're a job unto themselves. So just making it this far is a huge accomplishment. I've noticed some Q&A's going where people open up their comments section to questions. Those have been interesting.

amanda @ Rambling of an Empty Mind said...

I reach 200, you reach Year Two! Happy Blogiversary!!

Stacy said...

Happy Blogiversary!! There is no need to offer presents to people, you should request them! Hey it's your anniversary, start asking for random stuff, see what you get!

Otter Thomas said...

Congrats on making it two years. That is a nice accomplishment.

Web Analytics