Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dream Spinner

My apologies for putting the song Dream Weaver in your head…

The torch (or the washing machine) has been passed over to Gretchen over at Second Blooming. This week's topic is Dreams, so I figured I would make your head spin with some thoughts I have on the subject.

Rather than give an in depth look at dreams and try and give some scientific explanation that would wind up putting you asleep, I will highlight on a few concepts and let you give your opinion.

Dreams and Déjà vu
Many times I wake up and note to myself what an odd dream I had. Then, many months (or even years) later, I experience that dream and get that feeling that this has happened before. This experience has led me to believe that perhaps we travel through time in our dreams in order to "see" our future made real. Whenever I begin at a new location— a new school, a new job, a new home, etc., it doesn't take long before I have a Déjà vu moment. Whenever I have that moment, I believe I have "arrived" at that location. My subconscious mind has therefore accepted my surroundings, and I have "caught up" with my dream self.
Flying dreams
I know a lot of people that have dreams that they are flying. The kind of flying dream I have is more of a type of jumping like astronauts do when they are on the moon. I tend to hover over the ground and move very very fast. Another type of flying I do is go down stairs extremely fast. Think of yourself touching every step as you glide down each flight of stairs in less than a second. Brrroom, Brrroom.

To see more dreams… go visit the spin cycle by clicking on the icon below:


Second Blooming

6 comments:

gretchen said...

I love that you made this informational! Really interesting. And the dreams/deja-vu part? Wait until you read my dream spin - this fits it SO incredibly well!

Thanks so much for joining me! You're linked up!

Michele R said...

I completely agree that the deja-vu feeling stems from a dream one had previously. It is the weirdest feeling.

Stacy Uncorked said...

I have those deja vu dream moments, too! And the flying ones are fun - as long as they're not when I fall out of the sky. ;) Great Spin! :)

Once Upon a Time I Had a Dream...

Anonymous said...

Man. I NEVER get to fly. I do get the deja vu, though.

Ginny Marie said...

I used to dream about flying all the time, but I haven't had that kind of a dream in a long time. I wonder what that means?

Michele said...

I rarely remember my dreams. Does that make me weird? Please don't answer that. I know that answer. Great way to spin the Dream spin.

Web Analytics