Saturday, December 13, 2008

Kolache

With inspirations from Mom…

This is a recipe that I found is very easy to make and is one of the cookies I make every Christmas. Caution… this recipe uses "real" ingredients— I have never tried substitutes, but if you are successful using something else, let me know.

Kolache:

1 lb. Butter (4 Sticks)
8 oz. Cream Cheese
4 C Flour
2 T Baking Powder
2-3 T Sugar
1 12oz. Can Cake & Pastry Filling
1-2 C Confectioners Sugar
  1. Soften the butter and Cream Cheese in a large mixing bowl.
  2. Cut in the Flour, Baking Powder and Sugar.
  3. Mix with your hands until it becomes a dough.
  4. Chill overnight
  5. Preheat Oven to 350°
  6. Roll no thinner than 1/8".
  7. Cut out circles.
    I use a shot glass, or even a small orange juice glass to do so.
  8. Place the circles on a baking sheet.
  9. Place an indentation into the circle to hold the filling.
  10. Place a small spoonful of filling into the indentation.
    I like raspberry and apricot as flavors, but feel free to use what ever you like.
  11. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
  12. Sprinkle Confectioners Sugar on top
  13. Enjoy
Post a Comment
Web Analytics